The Rescue Ranger Word Game

Round Three

By Chip Chap

The show starts with Gadget standing behind a table, Zipper and Monty are seated on opposite sides of it.

Gadget: And now it's time for the Rescue Ranger word game!

The crowd cheers

Gadget: And this time our previous winner Zipper will be playing against Monterey Jack for the grand prize of... a whole pound of cheddar cheese and cherries!

The camera zooms in on an a plate that is totally empty except for a few cherry stems.

Gadget: Um, golly... it looks like something happened to the prize.

Zipper and Monty both burp and cover their mouths, they both blush slightly.

Gadget: Um... Okay, I guess they both already won their prizes... but they still have to play the game.

Gadget reaches behind the table and pulls out a small sign that says "Shame", she places it on the table so Zipper can see it but Monty can't.

Gadget: Okay, Zipper you have ten clues to get Monty to say this word... and Go!

Zipper: Okay, this is what you are feeling right now.

Monty: ...stuffed.

Zipper: Um, no... this is the emotion... the feeling of guilt that you get after you ate all that cheese before you actually owned it.

Monty: Well, I do have a sort of uneasy feeling in my stomach...

Zipper: Yes, and that is because you feel guilty! You don’t feel right because...

Monty opens his mouth and pulls out a long splinter of wood.

Monty: Uh, I guess I was a bit hasty with that cheese... must have swallowed a bit of the toothpick as well...

Zipper and Gadget both look at Monty

Zipper: Okay, I guess I’m going on the wrong track here...

Monty: Aw come on, Zippa me lad! What are ya so worried about? I mean it’s not like we can lose, can we?

Gadget: Well, actually...

Chip walks in, pushing a large machine that looks like a vacuum cleaner with a suction cup on the end of the nozzle.

Gadget: You see, if you don’t win, you can’t really get your prize. But since you both already ate it then...

Monterey and Zipper both look very nervous.

Monty: Um, eh, that vacuum-lookin’ thing... you aren’t gonna...

Chip: We’ve got a really tight budget.

Zipper: Bu-but that’s insane! You can’t...

Gadget: Well, the ratings are really low, the network thinks a little drama, suffering, and action would really help the series out.

Monty: (looks at both Chip and Gadget then to Zipper) Well don’t just sit there, Pally! Give me a clue!

Zipper: Um, okay then, if somebody accidentally dropped a whole crate of brie into the ocean, that would be a...

Monty: (obviously upset) A bloomin’ monster! Brie is the best cheese there is! Why if I ever get my hands on the...

Zipper: No! No! It’s just a hypothetical question! Okay, how that time we lost that magical “Ring of Eternal Vitality” because you and Geegaw were fighting over who should wear it? When you two dropped it into the ocean you said it was a real...

Monty: (crosses his arms and looks stubborn) Stupid thing for Geegaw to do. I mean, we both know I was the stronger one, so it would only make sense that I use it.

Gadget and Chip both snap to attention and look at Monty.

Gadget and Chip: You guys found a magical ring?!

Monty: Eh, yeah... but that was in my younger days when I was a tad more adventurous. Why, back then I was always seeking out rare treasures that carried magical spells on them... Seekin’-Spell Monty I was known as in them days... searching for any mystical artifacts that caught my eye... Misty-Eyed Monty I was known as in those days...

Zipper: Oh no...

Monty: Misty-Eyed Monty, marching through many a mysterious marshland to meet up with miserly merchants marketing mystifying maps that mark out missing magical medals and mirrors. Mercilessly matching muscle with massive monsters, mummies, manic magicians and mean-minded monstrous mutants who multiply magically and mumble moronically. Meeting maniacal meanies as they make marvelously melodramatic methods of maiming modest missus in mediocre means to muster up malignant monstrosities or undergo massive magical metamorphoses for mind-numbingly meaningless motives... mainly to mesmerize misters or mangle and maim...

Chip: I’ll never believe that!

Monty: And all more is the shame.

Zipper: (Practically leaping out of his seat) He said it!

The crowd cheers wildly and Gadget picks up the empty plate and hands it to Monterey and Zipper. Zipper the fly and Monty give each other a high-five.

Stay tuned for more episodes of "The Rescue Ranger Word Game"!

Back to the stories