RR2K: Secrets Unknown
By Eric Spurling (a.k.a. Damon Togarth)

It was a wonderful day in the park, there were no clouds to speak of, and everybody that was there was having fun, near an old oak tree two chipmunks were playing Football One was wearing a leather bomber jacket, the other had on one of those Loud Hawaiian shirts. Going up the tree a small door can be seen opening and a bat walks out and looks down.

“He’s not paying attention to time again it seems.” The young bat says to her self. “I better go down and see what the boys are doing.” She spreads her wings and glides down to the two chipmunks on the ground.

“Go long Dale…” Chip says as he throws the football

“I got it…I got it…I “ crash…Dale crashes into Foxglove as she lands “Man What hit me” he says as he gets up

“I did sweetie.” Foxglove giggles “But I don't mind at all.” She gives him a look of pure love as he helps her up.

“Uh…Sorry Foxy I didn’t see you there.” Dale slightly stammers.

“Like I said Hun I don't mind.” She replies giggling a bit “Oh by the way did you remember to get our daughter her present for her birthday today?” she looks at him

Dale stammers even more “I…Uh…was just going to go and get it Hun I'll be back in a while.” He says and kisses her on the cheek

“Ok but you had better be here by 5 O’clock tonight. Or you will be in trouble, got it?” she says still smiling

“Ok I'll be home soon, bye.” Dale says as he runs off to town.

Little did any of them suspect that in the shadows a dark figure was lurking and watching?

Down town Dale was wondering through the shops and thinking what his little girl would want for her birthday. He finally runs across a nice little toy store and goes in. In side are loads of toys so many that he can't decide which one he wants. So he just wanders around.

**************************

Meanwhile In another part of town other things were going into motion one thing in particular named Winifred the witch.

“Bothersome buckets where is he?” Winifred steamed

“He'll be here mistress.” A soft but sinister voice answers her.

“He had better be Sasha, he had better be.” Winifred said narrowing her eyes at a small white mouse.

“But I have been here for a while now mistress.” A dark figure says as he comes into the dim lighting of the warehouse.

“Ah Damon good, good How did your mission go?” Winifred asked eagerly

“It went as planned mistress. I would've been back sooner but I had to drop off something first, something that'll bring the rangers running to us without delay.” Damon says with a bit of a chuckle

“Very good, now go and get ready for our ‘guests’ to arrive I expect them soon.” Winifred cackles gleefully

***************************

Back at RR HQ a small hand written note was found on the doorstep Chip picks it up and reads it

“Dear Rangers;

I hope that this letter doesn't come at an Inopportune time for you but with sad regret I must inform you that the red nosed chipmunk has been captured by an old woman in a cleaning uniform she has taken him to the south side docks into a warehouse I don't know anymore than that but I fear for the lads life.

A Friend


“Oh just great now what has that bonehead done?” Chip states with a bit of agitation

“But who would want to kidnap Dale?” Gadget says “Golly, and on his daughters birthday too, who would be so terrible?”

“It says a cleaning lady…you guys don't think it could mean…?” Foxglove asks with a worried look

“Easy lass, I don't think ‘she’ would be out just yet I mean it has been only four years and she was sentenced to seven for the thefts.” Monty says laying a comforting hand on the somewhat distressed bats shoulder

“I guess your right Monty. I mean what would the chances of her being able to track us down be.” Foxglove says slightly relieved

“Well we better go and get him before he gets into real trouble.” Chip states as he heads for the hanger. “Rescue Ranger Away!”

With that they all head for the warehouse district near the docks to rescue their friend. A few minutes later Dale comes home and to his surprise finds none home so he goes and asks around to see where they might have gone. After a few minutes He runs into Tammy Chestnut.

“Hey Tammy, Did you happen to see where the guys went?” He asks

“Sorry Dale I have no clue where they went, though they did fly off toward the docks…I think anyway. Why is there a problem?” She answers

“I really don't know, I'm going to go down there and see what's going on, thanks Tammy,” He says as he heads off in that direction.

*******************************************************

Meanwhile At the warehouse…

The Ranger Plane Lands and the Rangers get out minus one.

“Here's the plan guys,” Chip states quickly. “We go in we get him and we get out ASAP ok?”

“Fine ‘ere mate.” Monterey says

“Lets get my cutie!” Foxglove exclaims.

“I’m ready.” Gadget says Bringing a plunger gun out.

“Then Rescue Rangers Awa…” He doesn't get to finish as a cage spring up around then trapping them easily.

The Cage lowers into the warehouse as it stops they look up and see their captor…

“WINIFRED!!” they all exclaim as one.

“That's right, I have returned and I intend to get my revenge against you rodents for foiling my plan to be come a true witch.” She says as she glowers at them

Behind her two figures approach, both animals, but not Bud and Lou. The one is a pure white squirrel. The other a mixture of two animals mouse and bat, Vampire bat to be exact.

“ Ah I see our plan worked, quite good,” the mix breed says as he walks up to the cage, His wings wrapped around His body like a sinister looking cloak.

“But of course Damon. It was my plan after all.” Winifred states confidently “My plans usually do work…unless someone interferes with it like you lousy rodents did when all I wanted was to become a witch.” She sighs and walks around the cage looking down at them.

“Need I remind you Winifred that I have need of the rest, the bat on the other hand is yours. Do With her what you wish.” Damon pushes a button a crane control and hoists the cage up after Winifred takes Foxglove out of it. “Now Rangers I shall ask you this just one time…WHERE IS MY MOTHER?”

“What are you talking about, who is your mother?” Chip asks looking down from the cage.

“You know very well who she is, after all you took her from me. Now return her and you shall go free.” Damon pushes another button and a vat of molten steel opens below the rangers. “Do not and well, your going to have a rather hot time. You have 5 minutes to decide.” Damon stands there waiting the answer.

“Really we have no clue who your mother is. And besides we wouldn't do anything like kidnapping.” Chip says from their high perch.


“You lie, I seen the tapes of my mother being kidnapped by you and your friends. You now have 3 minutes till I drop you into the steel.” Damon says coldly.

Suddenly a voice from behind Damon calls out.

“Let them go!” It's Dale, though alone Hess not going to let his friends die. “Let them go and Ill find your mother. They have no idea where she is and neither do I, but I think I know who does.”

“Ah the final piece to the puzzle, so where is she then?” Damon says not even looking in Dale's direction

“I think that our old enemy Fat Cat might have her.” Dale says a bit of a quaver in his voice.

“HA! That I doubt he was the one that told me you rangers did it. And He's the only one ever to treat me with kindness, besides my mother that is.” Damon turns toward Dale and opens his wings. “So don't lie or I will drop your friends now.”

“I'm not lying, you have to believe me. The others wouldn't do anything like Fat Cat says we did.” Dale's says a bit frightened of the hybrid in front of him.

Damon thinks for a few minutes then speaks. “Fine I will give you the benefit of the doubt, if you can get my mother back they can go free, if you donut they die. I shall give you till tomorrow morning to do that. If your not back either you have failed or you have lied and fled, either way they die. If you return with my mother they go free and I will deal with Fat Cat myself. So go now for you don't have much time.”

Dale shudders inside “Ok I will do that, but let my wife go.”

Damon chuckles “I do not have her, go to the witch about that, but be warned your time starts from this second till dawn tomorrow.”

Dale nods and runs off to find Winifred and get his wife back.

Meanwhile in a room above the main floor Winifred has poor Foxglove caged and is tormenting her.

Part 2

“Please let me go Winifred!” The bat pleads.

“Not until that rodent you love so much gets here,” She chuckles wickedly and looks at Foxglove with evil intent in her small beady eyes. “Then we shall see if his love for you is what it seems or not.”

Foxglove suddenly realizes what she means and stands at the bars of her cage “Y-you can't, please Winifred I beg you don't tell him about what's in my past.”

“Why are you afraid that he won't love, or trust you ever again?” Winifred smiles a wicked smile and continues “Oh wouldn't that be a shame if he were to find out that you're partly vampire or that you were mated once before.” She cackles with glee at her statement

Foxglove sits down in her cage and starts to cry thinking that her husband will not love her for being unfaithful before they even met.

Dale enters moments later and is shocked at what transpires next…(though I'll leave that to your imagination reader)

Outside the room things were not going as planned for Damon either, it seems Zipper somehow got out of the cage and now his men were desperately trying to re capture the incredibly swift fly.

“Will you Morons stop fooling around and get that fly.” Damon yells at the flunkies.

Meanwhile elsewhere A little Squirrel has found herself in a bit of a predicament, She followed Dale and has been caught be the flunkies standing guard out side. And they proceed to drag her in to the warehouse.

Inside the flunkies finally catch Zipper and tie his wings together so he can't escape again. As Damon turns around he sees someone that he has never seen before a rather lovely squirrel being dragged in by his flunkies. He stares a bit until one of the flunkies approaches him. “Um… boss what do ya want us to do with this one?”

“Hmm just tie her up for now I'll deal with her later.” The Hybrid states coldly but inside he's about ready to jump out of his skin as he has fallen head over heels for this Female.

Foxglove and Dale walk in about three seconds later and proceed to leave, Damon calls after them and they stop to hear what he has to say.

“By the way you have about four hours till the Deadline.” He says smirking slightly

“I know that and we'll have you mother back before then.” Dale says and then he and Foxglove head off to do so.

As they head off Damon thinks to himself pondering why he's doing Fat Cats bidding. He finally comes up with the answer, because his mother is in danger and she need to be saved. Casting everything to the wind he lets the rangers down and lets them go. “I-I am sorry for what I have done to you Rangers and I humbly request that you aid me in finding my mother.” He looks at the floor as he says this. His flunkies on the other hand leave right away to tell Fat Cat what has happened.

“You should be sorry.” Chip scolds Damon, rolling his paw into a tight fist he almost slugs him in the face but a hand holds him back. As he looks he sees the paw is attached to a wonderful female named Gadget Hackwrench. She looks at him somewhat pleadingly. He looks into her eyes and nods unrolling his fist and then turns to Damon “Despite that you tried to kill us we will help you, but only on one condition…”

“And that is?” Damon asks

“That you never commit a crime ever again.” Chip replies smirking slightly.

Damon looks bewildered for a minute at the rangers “But why don't you call me a freak or monster? Most everyone does. Why are you being nice to me?”

“Because the rangers stand for goodness and righteousness, unlike Fat Cat who will do anything to have his own empire of crime. And that includes kidnapping your mother and blaming it on us.” Gadget answers, “I feel that you're not bad just misunderstood and mistreated.” She looks at chip with soft eyes then back to Damon. “I-we will give you a second chance if you want. And we will help you save your mother. Right guys?” she looks at the others.

“Too right lass.” Monty exclaims “We'll help get your mum back as quick as possible.”

“I'll help too.” Zipper squeaks as he finally gets untied and flies to Monty’s shoulder

“And as I said before I'll help you. Um…could you at least tell us your name?” Chip says looking somewhat bewildered

“Oh, right, sorry I seemed to have forgot my manners. I am Damon Togath at your service Rangers.” Damon says with a bit of pride. He then thinks of something and rushes off for a minute leaving the rangers. He soon returns with Tammy, still tied up and blindfolded, she is also kicking about trying to get free and Damon is stumbling about. “Um I hope you guys know this one because I don't.” he unties Tammy keeping her turned toward the rangers

“Let me go you big oaf!” she hollers Suddenly she can see again and the first one she goes to is chip who is standing in front of her “ Oh Chipper You saved me!” the female Squirrel sequels with delight.

“Um actually the gentleman behind you did Tammy.” Chip explains keeping the part about him being the one that captured her in the first place quiet for now.

Part 3

Tammy turns around and sees Damon for the first time ever. And She screams, and runs behind chip and hides. Seeing a rather large Mouse with bat like wings would tend to unnerve most anyone.

Damon lowers his ears and looks down at the ground. “Well…I should've expected that. Who in their right mind would want to be around me.” He starts to back off into the shadows slowly disappearing. But before he is gone he says something. “Rangers I shall follow you to Fat Cats and help you rescue my mother. After that I shall leave, never to return.” With that the shadows close around him and he is gone.

“Tammy why did you do that?” Chip scolds

“He scared me Chipper, he really scared me. All I saw was his body behind me and I just reacted.” Tammy says seeming a bit down since Chip scolded her. “Though…HE does seem to have a nice face.” She says with a touch of the look she usually only gives Chip in her eye.


*******************************************************


Meanwhile….

“Dale why aren't you talking to me?” Foxglove asks in a worried way.

“Because there is nothing to talk about. I forgave you of your past long before now, you know that. And I don't care what that witch said, I love you with all my heart and nothing is going to change that.” Dale says his voice full of compassion toward the beautiful bat in front of him.

Foxglove smiles knowing that he's right. That her past is just that - past, and it can no longer hurt her as long as she is with the ‘munk of her dreams.

They finally reach the food factory and find it crawling with guards so much that they cannot even get inside.

“Oh this is good” Dale says sarcastically “Now how do we get in?”

“I have no idea cutie, I have no idea.” Foxglove says a bit worried about their friends.

“Well let me think for a bit and maybe I'll come up with an idea.” Dale suggests

Foxglove readily agrees and waits for him to decide on a course of action.

Several minutes pass and Dale is still thinking. Foxglove on the other hand hears something off in the distance.

“Dale, hun, I think a plane or something is headed this way…and it sounds like the ranger wing.” Foxglove says softly trying not to disturb the thinking chipmunk; she knows that this is a rare event that he's thinking.

Dale looks up and listens closely knowing that she can hear well than anyone else. After a bit he can hear it too and he smiles “They must have gotten away. But we're still going to help that guy anyway. After all we're rangers till we die.”

“Ok, cutie.” She says in agreement

After a few minutes the rangers land and are greeted by the other two. The rangers quickly explain how they got out and about Damon. Then afterward Dale explains to the others what's going on at the factory.

“Oh this isn't good guys.” Chip says, “I don't think we can even get in there, let alone find his mother.”

“I'll get us in.” Damon says from the shadows. He then disappears.

“I wonder what he's going to do?” Dale asks “I mean it’s not like he can just walk in there…is it?”

Chip just shrugs and watches for any sign as to what Damon is going to do.

Down on the ground Damon searches for a weak point in the defenses finding none he opts for the direct approach.

Up above all that can be seen are a lot of the thugs going to a certain point.

“I think that’s the signal guys, let's go and get his mother.” Chip says adamantly.

Part 4

Down below Damon is up to his wings in trouble. “Ok this isn’t good, but I have to distract those idiots so that the rangers can rescue my mother.” He smiles as a rather interesting Idea crosses his mind. He flies up into the air to distract them further, then dives down to attack.

The other rangers see this and take the opportunity to enter Fat Cats lair. “Come on guys He might not be able to hold off so many for very long.” Chip says while running to a side entrance. The others follow not answering but thinking the same thing. Seconds later they are safely inside and out of the immediate danger. The warehouse is empty, all the thugs and low lifers are out side fighting Damon.

Outside Damon sees the others enter the building and quickly flies into the air taunting the thugs and goons. He then makes a break for an open window and dives in. He arrives in side the warehouse with a bit of a crash. But is unharmed, He looks down to the lower floor and sees the rangers enter a stairwell heading for Fat Cats domain. “Well time to get to work” He says this as he pulls out a container of what looks to be play dough but on the side of it reads C-4. “Fat Cat won’t get away this time.” He then sets to work rigging the structural supports with the C-4.

Heading up the stairs the Rangers finally get to Fat Cats floor. They exit and are met with…nothing, not a soul in sight. They creep down the corridor and arrive at Fat Cats room. Entering slowly they find the Flabby tabby in his chair looking at them.

“Now I wonder how you got away from Damon, maybe because that fool let you go.” He grins an evil feline grin and stands from his chair. “Well then my thugs will take care of him but I will take care of you. This WILL be the last time we meet Refuse Rangers.” He pulls out something from his desk and aims it at the rangers. “This is a small weapon developed by my ‘friends’ at a local research lab. It will make rather short work of you.” He pushes a button on the device, But nothing happens, he pushes a few more times still nothing happens. “Gah How dare they do this to me, I will get rid of them after I have dealt with you.”

Chip finally speaks up “No Fat Cat this time it’s you that will fall. Now Where is Damon’s Mother?”

“His mother, my dear rodent his mothers are standing beside you and your red nosed associate.” He points to Foxglove and Gadget.

“H-how is that possible?” Gadget stutters.

“Quite simply my dear I cloned you and the bat, but I combined the best traits of each to make him. He was supposed to be completely loyal to only me. But I also allowed him to have free will so that he could better serve me. I see that was a mistake.” He goes over to his desk and pushes a button on the intercom “Damon I know your in here, come to my office or your new friends will die a slow painful death.”

Else where Damon hears the threat as he finishes setting the last charge. He primes it and takes off at a run up a set of stairs to fat Cats office with a wicked grin on his face. About a minute later he arrives in the Office and sees the rangers standing there talking amongst them selves He only ears snippets of the conversation as he stares at Fat Cat with anger in his eyes. He turns to the rangers “I would suggest that you leave this flabby Tabby to me Guys I will put a stop to him once and for all.


Amazingly enough the rangers back out of the room. And leave the building, except for Tammy she stays in a small alcove and watches What Damon’s going to do to Fat Cat.

“Well my boy it seems your ranger friends are cowards just like I thought.” Fat Cat says with a bit of satisfaction entering his voice.

“Not really, they just know that I have this entire place rigged to explode at a touch of a button.” Damon replies pulling out a small remote.

Fat Cats face turns pale, as he knows that Damon means business. “But what about your mother, she’ll die to.”

“You said it your self I have no mother. Remember you gave me a bats hearing and I over heard the rangers saying about my mother not being real. I just logically concluded that I am nothing more than a tool to be used. And I WILL NOT BE USED BY ANYONE!!!” His rage has built to the boiling point and he begins to explode. He quakes in anger his finger Dangerously close to the button that will destroy the entire building.

Fat Cats face pales even more now, as he knows that he doesn’t have time to escape, or to even get the remote. “But you will be killing yourself. Don’t you care about your own life?”

“Not a bit Fatso In fact I intend to die with you, there is no place out there for me. And I will not be treated like something out of a horror movie!” He rages and walks over to Fat Cats desk leaping up on it and staring the Cat straight in the face.

Tammy gasps softly in surprise and rushes out of the place. Unfortunately for her she trips and is knocked unconscious.

Damon hears the gasp and twitches his ears, thinking to him “I really hope none is in here.” He then presses the button while sneering at Fat Cat.

Outside All that is seen and heard is a few explosions as the top story begins to collapse in on it’s self the rangers gasp as the flee in the Ranger wing and get to a safe distance.

Inside Damon runs through the corridors as the building collapses in on it’s self. He comes upon a squirrel just lying there, not thinking he gathers her up and heads out side dropping her safely on a rooftop and flies to a dark alley to hide.

After the Dust and smoke clears the rangers, staying out of sight of the local authorities investigate the wreckage The find no traces of either Fat Cat or Damon.

“Well guys Either They escaped or the blast completely destroyed them, “ Chip says with a sigh. “ Well at least Damon did some good before he died. Though I really wish he hadn’t killed Fat Cat. Who knows maybe Fat Cat might have been persuaded to become good.”

“Chip you know that wouldn’t have happened,” Gadget says with a tear in her eye. “True none deserve to die in this way but I think he had it coming.”

“She’s right lad. That Cat was pure evil and most likely deserved this fate. “ Monty says as he walks back to the wing.

“You're all right. And maybe they weren’t killed maybe they escaped.” Dale says with not very much cheer.

Tammy joins them and throws herself at Chip and cries her eyes out saying that it’s her fault.

“Tammy calm down and tell us what you think your fault is.” Foxglove says in calming tones trying to sooth the distraught squirrel.

Tammy Recalls everything that happened after the rest left. “And then it felt as if I was flying, but I ended up on that roof and woke up.” She turns back to chip “Oh Chip, I should’ve stopped him.”

“Tammy there was nothing you could’ve done. He would’ve pushed that button anyway. You did the right thing by escaping.” Chip says trying to calm her.

Unknown to them somewhere in the shadows a figure was lurking and watching. “They will forget about me in time. And all will be well again. I can never go back to them after this. But such is my lot in life. I’m unnatural and will live alone. Good bye my TRUE friends.” The figure then disappears.

To Be Continued… (From the maintainer: Don't get your hopes up. I have tried to mail him but it only bounce back)

Back to the stories