"Ranger's Karaoke Night, Or The Party Chip Held"
Part 2: Dale can sing!
by rowantree13

Disclaimer: You know the drill. The Rescue Rangers are owned by Disney, so I won't argue if they disagree with my story. The songs in this story are owned by whoever sang them, or bought the rights to them, I guess... Have fun!

The Rangers looked around the club, amazed at what they saw. The place was now brightly lit, colored with Christmas lights and light bulbs. There were dozens of creatures there, all of them smiling brightly at the astonished Rangers. Then Dale noticed someone on the stage.

"Hey, Chip! How'd you manage this!" Dale grinned happily as he shouted to his friend.

"With some wires and stuff!" Chip answered back, smiling at the other Rangers.

Chip was up on the stage, wearing instead of his jacket and fedora, a blue t-shirt and a pair of shades, motioning them to sit at a table. Dale, Gadget, Monty, Zipper and Foxglove made their way through the crowd and to the table, which had been set up in front of the stage. Chip waited until they had sat down, then held up a hand to get everyone's attention.

"Hey, everyone, are you having fun out there?" Chip said, as the crowd applauded, cheering, whistling and shouting. He waited until they had quieted down, then spoke again.

"Hope you guys don't daze off if I try to sing..." he was interrupted by some cat calls and some whistles around him, he blushed a little.

"Well, I guess we'll open this up with a good song... Dale, you wanna go up here first?

Dale looked around as the others smiled at him, some of the patrons cheering for him. Dale grinned. "Ok!" He ran up to the stage, and grabbed the mic as Chip stepped down and sat with the others.

Dale adjusted the mic, stumbling a little, and talked with the guy managing the karaoke machine.
The music started with some upbeat guitar chords, and Dale began:

"Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed..."

The crowd started cheering again as they recognized the song as Smashmouth's 'Allstar'.

"She was looking kinda dumb with her finger and her thumb in the shape of an L on her forehead..."

Dale jumped around as he sang the rap part of the song.

"Well, Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming, Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running, Didn't make sense not to live for fun, Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb, So much to do so much to see, So what's wrong with taking the back streets? You'll never know if you don't go, You'll never shine if you don't glow..."

"Hey now you're an All Star get your game on, go play, Hey now you're a Rock Star get the show on get paid, And all that glitters is gold, Only shooting stars break the mold..."

"It's a cool place and they say it gets colder, You're bundled up now but wait 'til you get older, But the meteor men beg to differ, Judging by the hole in the satellite picture, The ice we skate is getting pretty thin, The waters getting warm so you might as well swim, My world's on fire how about yours, That's the way I like it and I never get bored..."

He went into the chorus again. As the melody part came on, he spun around a few times, like a living tornado. He stopped, leaned against the mic stand, and sang again.

"Somebody once asked could you spare some change for gas, I need to get myself away from this place, I said yep what a concept, I could use a little fuel myself, And we could all use a little change..."

He sang the rest of the song, then crashed on the floor in a fake faint, to the thunderous applause of the other patrons in Hannah's club. He rose after a minute, grinning broadly. He sat down, snuggling up to Foxglove. Who in return hugged him back.

"Cutie, that was wonderful!" she whispered in his ear.

"Aw, shucks, Foxy... thanks..." Dale could feel his cheeks getting redder from blush rising. He turned about at Chip, who was back onto the stage, smiling again.

"Anyone else want to try, guys? I did ask Hannah for this- she said you all could sing!"

Part Three comming soon!

Back to the stories