Lena phone home or 2010 A Rescue Ranger Tale

Chapter Three: Unexpected events

Location: Area 51
Codename: Dreamland

The major was standing with his hands behind his back studying a map on the wall. The phone on his desk rang. He turned and slowly pressed the speaker button.
”Did you get them?”
”Negative, sir!”
”Damn! What happened?” The major’s voice filled with anger, because the opportunity had slipped away.
”Two of them just disapeared and we lost the third in the park.”
”Keep looking. Search the entire state if you must but find the third one!” With that he hung up the phone. He turned back to the map and marked the park with a needle. ”Your move.” He thought.

Location: Rescue Ranger HQ

Gadget was starring at Lena in disbelief.
”Ice-cream” She said. ”You’re really sure about that?” Gadget was clearly having dificulties beliving what the fox had just said.
”That’s what Darion said it was called.” Lena said, now felling a bit uncertain.
”This Darion, couldn’t he have fooled you or something?” Chip asked.
”Ooh! That’s not possible.” She said with a smile.
”How can you be so sure?” Chip continued
”Let’s just say I know him.” Lena said, holding back a laugh.
”Well I still say he could have tricked you.” The chipmunk sounded grumphy as he turned away. At that Lena just couldn’t hold it back any more and she began to laugh.
”Hmmph!” Chip calmly walked out of the room.
Eventually Lena stoped laughing, wiped a tear from her left eye and when she looked at the others she noticed that they where looking at her with less than friendly faces.
”That wasn’t very nice of you.” Foxglove said.
”Sorry.” The fox said, suddenly finding her feet interesting.
Gadget came up to the tall fox and placed her paw on her shoulder.
”It’s ok.” The mouse said in a forgiving tone. She looked at the piece of cloth drapped around the fox. ”Come on, let’s get you some clothes.” And with that she led the fox to her room and motioned towards her closet.
”Take anything you like, I’ll be just outside.” Gadget walked out of her room and went to find Chip.


She found him sitting next to the ranger plane, his arms around his legs. She walked up to him and sat down next to him.
”She said she was sorry, y’know.” The mouse said looking at the surly chipmunk next to her.
Chip turned towards Gadget and sighed.
”It’s not that.” He said. ”It’s just that it was supposed to be you and me, no disturbanses and then she comes along and ruins everything.”
”It’s not her fault.” Gadget said and put her paw on Chip’s.
”I know.” He says and get’s up. ”Let’s get back inside.”
But as they are about to go inside three figures apear fom nowhere.
”What the....!” Chip manages to say just before he is knocked out.
”CHIP!” Gadget screams when she see’s the chipmunk fall. She tries to get to him but she to get’s knocked out.


Gadget slowly opens her eye’s, the world around her apearing blurry.
”What happend?” She asks herself. As she tries to get up a sharp pain in the head prevents her from getting anywhere. ”And why am I in this bed?”
She feels a paw on her arm.
”Shh! Try not to move.” She hears a familiar voice say. ”The doctor says you got a concussion.” Gadget tries to lift her head but again the pain prevents her.
”Chip! Is that you?” She says weakly. The owner of the voice leans over.
”No, Chip is in another room.” Dale says. ”I’m glad your’e finally awake.” He smiles.
”Is he ok?” Gadget asks.
”He’s fine.” Dale assures her ”He should be here soon.”
Relived that Chip is ok she closes her eye’s and goes to sleep. She wakens several hours later at the sound of Chip talking to someone.
”I just want to say thanks again.” He says.
Gadget lifts her head, the sharp pain now reduced to minor aching.
”It’s nothing.” Lena says.
The mouse see’s that the fox is now dressed in a white tshirt and blue pants. ”So, she found something to wear.” She thinks. Gadget turns to listen to the conversation.
”Nothing?! If it hadn’t been for you who knows what would’ve happend.” Chip says sounding very grateful. He is about to says something else but Dale suddenly interupts.
”I think it was cool.” He says enthusiasticly. ”The way you just *Zaap!*” Dale jumps around the room making zap sounds. Lena smiles at Dales recreation of what happened. Chip on the other hand just rolles his eyes and sighs.
”What are you guys talking about?” Gadget suddenly asks.
”About how Lena saved you and Chip.” Dale says, momentarly stoping. ”You should have seen her, she just *Whaam!* and *Zaap!*...” He starts.
Foxglove notices how close Chip is to bonk Dale on the head, and being so protective about her sweetie she interupts.
”Come on cutie.” She says to him ”Let’s leave them alone for awhile.” The bat takes Dale’s paw and walks out of the room. Lena also turns to leave.
”I’m glad you’re ok!” She say’s to Gadget. ”Oh! And thanks for the clothes.” She says as she walks out of the door.

Location: Fat Cats HQ

Fat Cat sit’s in a large leather chair smoking a cigar.
”So!” He says. ”You failed.” The chair swivels around. ”WHY?” he roars.
”It’s not our fault boss.”
”Yeah. Someone was helping them.”
”And who was it then, that made it so hard?” Fat Cat said his claws trumming against the desk.
”Somekind of a fox, boss.”
”Yeah. She could shoot things from her arm.”
”And she was strong.” someone in the back added
”From her arm?” Fat Cat calmly asks.
”Yeah! Just look what she did to Lenny.”
”She did that with her arm” The large cat puts his cigar down.
”Well, not exactly. She had somekind of glowing bracelet.”
”If it could freeze people it could be wery useful.” Fat Cat said to himself.
”Boss?”
”I want that bracelet.” Fat Cat said.
”But boss.”
”I know you can’t handle it.” He said. Fat Cat thought for a minute.
”That’s right.” He said, turning to a small cat next to him.
”Send a message to Aki, tell him whe have a little jobb for him.”

Next chapter

Back to the stories