Lena phone home or 2010 A Rescue Ranger Tale

Chapter One: A strange meeting

This storie begins, as so many before, with the beginning.
It would be wierd otherwise, wouldn't it?.....
Yknow that reminds me of a time not so long ago when I was ju....
*Poof!*Out of nowhere a small wolf dressed in a white robe wearing a pentagram around it's neck and with large withe feathered wings flapping behind it. The small wolf angel turns to the author, showing his gleaming razorsharp teeht in a deadly smile.
"Right, the way I see it you got about two seconds till I go medival on you. So just continue with the story ok."
*Poof!* The wolf disapears in a small smoke puff.
Right where was I.....Beginning.....Weird.... A thats it.
And this story begins in the desert, more precisly Groom Lake. Also known as area 51, Codename: Dreamland
"The wind blows through the empty hangars, the long concrete runway is crackled. There is a certain peace over the area only broken by the ocasional howl from a lone coyote. This is however just an illusion for deep beneath the sand in a wast bunker there is much activity. Large halls filled with computers, the humming of electricity in the backround. Screens are positioned across the walls their green glow creating an almost alien enviroment. At one of the many stations a young man, the nametag on his shirt reading Tom, is sitting half asleep with his feets on the console, a coffe mug in his right hand, the radar infront of him giving out a small *bliip!* as it completes a cycle. Tom's eyes are slowly scanning the screen infront of him, finding nothing interesting he looks down at his mug shaking it slowly. Empty. He thinks for a moment and then start to get up, when all of a sudden something on the screen catches his eye. He stares at the screen unable to believe his eyes. He punches in a few commands at the keyboard infront of him making sure it's not just a malfunction. He picks up the phone besides him:"
-S-sir! You better come over here."his voice trembles as a reslut of both fear and expectation.
A vocie responds in the other end:"
-What! I was sleeping you know. This has better be important.
"A few minutes later a man apears in the room, he starts to walk toward the station from which the call originated. As he get's up to it the crowd that has now gathered around turn and salutes the newcomer."
-At ease! "The major says, taking of his hat "What is you have found? "He asks the young man at the console."
-Where not sure yet, sir. But it's defenatly nothing from earth.
-Alrigth! I want you to track that thing, whatever it is. Call me as soon as anything happends. "The major turns and hurriedly walks away, and as he leaves the room everyones attention shifts to the large screen. An hour pass. And another. And yet anoth...."
*Poof!* The small wolf angel apears again, this time with a wery nasty looking flaming sword.
Ok! Ok! I get the picture.....
"After several hours something happends. The phone once again rings in the majors office."
-Yes!
-Sir! Something is happening, the object has entered a low orbit and is emitting some strange signals.
-Any ideas as to what it can be?
-None, sir.
-Right, where is it now?
-Right over Chicago, sir.
-Thats it! I'm calling condition gold, send two teams over there to investigate.
-Right sir!
"At the other end of the line everyone was anxious to know what was going on, Tom put the phone down. Looking around him for a few seconds, almost as if it was just a dream he thought. Then he came to his senses."
-Alright people! We have condition gold. "As he said that he picked up the phone again."
-Patch me trough to 9. "Tom said, at the same time the rest started working furiously, running around with readouts, going from station to station activating the whole system."
-Condition gold, confirmation beta delta niner. "Tom said in the phone, confirming that it was not a drill."
-Send two teams to coordinates...."He turned around"
-Coordinates? Anyone got them? "He said, holding a hand over the reciver. A small man with glasses handed him a printout."
-Cooridinates zeta 125.203 Pi 986.003 designation 5.
"Tom put the phone down satisfied that he had done what he could. He went back to observing the screen."

Chicago, Rescue Ranger HQ
"Dale and Foxglove sat on a branch not far from HQ, looking at the full moon. Dale had his arm around the small bat."
-The moon is beutiful tonight. "She sighed"
-Not as beutiful as you. "Dale said."
-You don't really mean that. "She teased him"
-Ofcourse I do. "The chipmunk replied.
The small bat turned towards Dale and tilted her head. Dale put his paws on her shoulders. And then Foxglove jerked forward and bit dale, because she is a vampire. Muhahahahahaha...."
Dale and Foxglove turns their heads and looks at the author:
HEEY!!
*Poof!*
-Ok! that's it, I'm giving you one last chance and thats it. Get_Back_To_The_Story_Now!
Author:
-Ok! Ok!
"The small bat turned towards Dale and tilted her head. Dale put his paws on her shoulders. He looked her straight in the eyes and wispered”
-I love you.
”The bat blushed, her eyes almost closed.”
-Care to show me how much. ”she said, the meaning of thoose words not going past Dale he pulled her closer and gently kissed her. Their kiss did, however not last very long for a strange sound startled them both. Turning to see what it was they could barley make out a dark figure running through the foilage, the figure turned it’s head to look behind it. Almost as if it was hunted. But because of that the figure failed to notice the tree root in it’s path and fell into some bushes, strangly enough there was a spark almost as if someone had shoot of some fireworks. Dale and Foxglove looked at each other with confusion, what was going on?”
-Quickly! She cant have gotten far. ”More figures was emerging from the foilage. They stoped momentarly under the branch to catch their breath.”
-We must get her before she can call the others. ”One of the figures said”
-She’s alone and in unfamiliar terrain. She won’t get far. ”Another of the figures said”
-Ok! Let’s move out. ”The figures continued their pursuit through the bushes, running past where the other figure had fallen. Dale looked at Foxglove”
-We gotta go and see if she needs help. ”He said”
-Are you sure. It might be dangerous. ”The pink bat said nervosly. But Dale was already on his way. He ran along the branch and down the tree. Foxglove swoped down and landed next to him.”
-Are you sure this is a good idea?
”They moved slowly towards the bush. Foxglove right behind Dale as he pushed aside some of the bushes branches. Entangled in the bush was a pair of blue pants and a purple shortsleved turtleneck. No one ocupied the clothes”
-Thats strange. ”Dale said, as he walked closer to the clothes he heard a weak cry.”
-Entali’na eta teri!
”Dale moved closer to where the sound came from. It was from inside the clothes.”
-Foxy. ”He said” I’m gonna need some help, I think there’s some one inside.
”She nodded, they grabbed the cloth and pulled. The fabric tore and what looked like a small fox fell out. Foxgolve leaned over to have a look. The fox had several bruises and a few scars, blood was oozing from a cut on the head. Apart from a strange device on her forearm she was naked, her fur tangled and torn. Dale tore a pice of cloth and used it to cover the naked fox. He lifted her up, surprised that she weighed almost nothing, and truned to the bat beside him.”
-We better get her to HQ. "Dale said and with that they started walking."

Next chapter

Back to the stories