ChipN'Dale Rescue Rangers
To Baby or To Babies

by Brian Walmer

Disclaimer: The Rescue Rangers, Tammy, Foxglove are copyright of Walt Disney Pictures/Television and their creators and authors and are used without permission, Wescott Vance Atticas Copyright 2001 Eddie Baird and is used with permission.


Now if you remember the last time you visited the Rescue Rangers, you might recall that Tammy had just told Wescott and the Rangers that she was having a baby, and this news had shocked Wescott to point that he fainted, falling backwards, thank God, Chip and Dale were there to catch him. But as I ask afterwards, how will this impact the rest of the Rangers. Well, you see a week after finding out that Tammy was having a baby, Gadget and Foxy did the exact same thing that Tammy did, and found out that they too are going to have babies of their own. So how’s this affecting the boys, well let’s find out, shall we.

It has been seven months, since the Ranger boys found out that each one of them are going to be a father of their own child, and let’s just say they feel although something is amiss, and Dale has just realized what it is.

Dale (punching the boxing bag in the gym area): “Hey guys, I just realize something, now we’re going to fathers in about a month, right?”

Wescott (doing chin-ups on the chinning bar): “Yeah, so?”

Dale: “Well, I just thinking that, well, we won’t be a real family when these babies are born, unless we marry the girls before hand.”

Chip (just finishing lifting weights): “I think you’re right Dale, but the thing is, how do we do this, when do we do this, that’s the question.”

Wescott (getting done with his chin-ups and drinking some of his sport drink to cool him off): “I have to agree with Chip on this one, Dale. I mean how do we get the girls in positions that will allow us the chance to ask them.”

Dale: “ That’s simply guys, we just wait until Christmas Morning to do it. Then we can give the girls the best Christmas presents they could ever receive in years.”

Wescott: “Hey, that’s not a bad idea at all, don’t you agree Chip?”

Chip: “Yeah, I guess so, but were are we going to get the engagement rings for the girls?”

Dale: “There is that new place near the Pizza Hut on the corner of the street that heads down towards Solider Field, it’s suppose to be pretty nice and in our price range.”

Chip: “I guess we can check it out after lunch. Which reminds me, we better head to the dining room, you know how Tammy gets when we’re late for one of her meals.”

Wescott: “You got that right, but guys don’t expect that much food for us, you’ve seen how this girls get.”

Dale: “Oh, yeah, I’ve seen how they get, but remember, their eating for two now.”

Chip (laughing): “Yeah, times 3.”

Dale: “Now Chip, cool it, or Gadget won’t accept your ring.”

Chip: “Oh, all right.”

Wescott: “Come on guys, Tammy cooking is calling for us to come.”

So with that said, and their workout done for the day, they head for the dining room and lunch.

(Fade to dining room, where everyone is enjoying a nice warm lunch)

Dale: “WOW! These are the best ribs, you’ve made yet, Tammy.”

Wescott: “I agree with Dale, Tam, this is one your best meals yet.”

Tammy (blushing in the cheeks): “Why thank you. I hoped you’d enjoy it.”

Foxy: “Oh, I think they did, Tam, I think they did.”

Gadget: (whispering in Foxy’s left ear): “I just hope they enjoy being at the birth of their children, when those events take place, because you know how some men just pass out at the birth of their child.”

Foxy (whispers back): “I know, but don’t worry, if I know Dale, he’ll encourage Chip to be set, and in return, Chip will encourage Wescott to be there for Tam.”

While the girls were talking, the boys went to the front door and there Dale shouted to the girls.

Dale: “Hey, girls, if you need us, we’re going to be doing some last minute Christmas shopping, so if you need anything, tell us when we get back. In the meantime, take it easy.”

Foxy: “Don’t worry cutie, we will, I’ll make sure of that. (blows him a kiss) Hurry back.

Dale(holds out his hand to catch Foxy’s kiss to him): “Don’t worry, baby, I will.”

And with that, the boys head out the door with the main focus of what they discussed in the gym on their mind.

(Fade from ranger headquarters to the corner of the street that heads down to Solider Field)

Dale(pointing to the right of the corner): “There it is, that’s the place, just like I said it was.”

Wescott: “Then let’s check it out, and see what they got to offer.”

So the Ranger boys went into the store and were amazed at the selection of engagement rings that they had to offer.

Chip (in amazement): “WOW! Would you guys look at these rings, their out of sight.”

Dale: “They sure are, Chip, they sure are.”

Wescott: “Yeah, but how will we choose which ones to get the girls.”

Clerk: “Maybe I can help you boys out.”

The boys look up to see a white mouse with glass on and a brown vest on.

Wescott: “Oh, so sorry, we didn’t see you were there.”

Clerk: “Quite all right, now what can I help you boys with.”

Dale: “Well, you see, our girls are going to become mothers, and we’re going to become the fathers of their babies, and we need…”

Clerk: “…Engagement rings, so you can propose to your ladies, and then marry them before the babies are born, right?”

Dale: “Yeah, so we can--, wait a minute, how’d you know that?”

Clerk: “That’s easy to answer, because I’ve dealt with other young men, who’ve been in same positions that you boys are in.”

Wescott: “That’s why you knew what we needed right off the bat, right?”

Clerk: “That’s right. Now what can I help you boys with.”

Chip: “Well, we looking for some very special engagement rings to give our women on Christmas Morning.”

Clerk: “You boys sound like real romantics to do something that.”

Dale: “Well, you could say that.”

Clerk: “In that case, I’ve got just the rings for you (pulls out three different color diamond rings), right here.”

Dale: “Now those are real nice.”

Wescott: “Indeed.”

Chip: “Yeah they sure are, how much are they?

Clerk: “Well for you boys, their together, for the price of $30.00 dollars.”

Dale: “That’s reasonable enough, right guys?”

Chip: “It sure is.”

Wescott: “ Yeah, I’ll say, in fact here’s a $10.”

Dale: “And here’s another $10 for my girl’s ring.”

Chip: “And here’s a $10 for my girl’s.”

Clerk: “Thank you gents, and here are your engagement rings for your ladies.”

Dale: “Thanks, and have a Merry Christmas.”

Clerk: “You too, and always remember the true meaning of Christmas, that the Lord Jesus Christ was born on that day.”

Chip: “Don’t worry sir, we never do.”

Wescott: “Yeah, oh, and God bless you.”

Clerk: “You too.”

So with that done, the boys head home with their girls special presents in hand.

(Fade to black, then fade to a bright Christmas Morning at Ranger headquarters, the Rangers are all opening the presents they gave each other)

Everyone is enjoying their gifts with other, with the best yet to come.

Wescott: “Why thank you, Tam, this new bo will help a lot in the long run.”

Tammy: “Your welcome, Wes, and thank you for the pink and gold robe.”

Wescott: “Your very welcome, Tam.”

Dale: “Ah, Foxy, you didn’t have to, a new hang glider, but thank you so much.”

Foxy: “Well, I knew you would like one that would match your shirt. But you shouldn’t have gone got me a white winters dress, but thank you so, so much.”

Dale: “Ah, your so welcome, Foxy, your so welcome.”

Chip: “WOW! Thank you, Gadget, thank you so much for this wonderful gift.

Gadget: “You really like it, Chip?”

Chip: “Are you kidding, I love it, I mean you don’t see black bomber jackets around much. So thank you so much.”

Gadget: “Your welcome Chipper, and thank you so much for the gold overalls, now I can shine, even when I get dirty.”

Chip: “Yeah I guess so.”

Foxy: “Well, I guess that’s all the presents, including the ones Monty, Zipper, and their family sent us.”

Dale: “Not really my dear.”

Foxy: “What do you mean cutie?”

Dale: “I mean, that, me and the guys have three huge surprises for you girls.”

Tammy: “Well, what is it?”

Gadget: “Yeah, don’t keep us hanging here, what is it?”

Dale: “Guys, shall we?”

Wescott and Chip: “Let’s.”

Dale (turns on his CD player to the background music of “This Gift”): “All men, get into your positions.”

So Dale, Wescott, And Chip got on one knee each, and started to sing the song “This Gift” to their ladies, while holding the cases with the engagement rings inside open:

"The snow is falling
The city is white
Your eyes are shining like diamonds tonight
And we're all alone, there's no one home
Your finally in my arms again

The night is silent
And Christmas is here
I couldn't ask for more than having you near
'Cause I love you girl
And I always will
And now I know the moment is right

'Cause I've been waiting to give this gift tonight
I'm down on my knees
There's no better time
It's something to last for as long as you live
Tonight I'm gonna give you all my heart can give

I thought I'd give you something shiny and new
I tried to find something worthy of you
But I realize, when I looked inside
There's something's that money can't buy, oh no
I feel the magic, whenever your near
I feel it even it's this time of the year
'Cause I love you girl
And I always will
And now I know the moment is right

'Cause I've been waiting to give this gift tonight

I'm down on my knees
There's no better time
It's something to last for as long as you live
Tonight I'm gonna give you all my heart can give

You know I'll always be true to you
And you know I'm the one you can turn too
Anytime, Anyplace, or anywhere
You know that I'll always be there, oh baby

'Cause I've been waiting to give this gift tonight
I'm down on my knees
There's no better time
It's something to last for as long as you live
Tonight I'm gonna give you all my heart can give

'Cause I've been waiting to give this gift tonight
I'm down on my knees
There's no better time
It's something to last for as long as you live
Tonight I'm gonna give you all my heart can give”

After the song was done, the boys each pop the question to their beloved.

Dale: “Foxy, ever since you came into my life, you been like a angel, who’s been watching over me day after day, so with God and our friends as witness, on this Christmas morning, will you give me the honor of being my wife?”

Foxy(with happy tears in her eyes): “Yes I will. Yes I will!”

With that answer from Foxy, Dale got up, hugged his now soon to be wife, and then tied some gold Christmas string around the purple sapphire ring, then placed it over and around Foxy’s neck. Now it was Wescott’s turn to pop the question to Tammy.

Wescott: “Tammy, what can I say, you have always been the one for me, since the first time I saw, so I’m going just come out and ask you, will you be my wife, and stand by my side for the rest of lives?”

Tammy: “I thought you’d never ask, but yes I will.”

And with Tammy answer now given to Wescott, it was now Chip’s turn to ask Gadget, and this was something he’s been wanting to do for a long time too.

Chip: “Well, Gadget, I’ve waiting to do this a long time, so I’m just gonna come out and ask you, Gadget, will you be my wife?”

Gadget: “You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting for to ask me that question, Chip, and my answer is yes.”

Chip (gets up and hugs Gadget tightly): “Thank so much, Gadget.”

So with the proposals done, and accepted by the girls, they all plan the date and the place, which is New Years Day, under the park fountain. That’s right, the wedding would take place in seven days, and the Rangers started making the calls to famliy and friends, and the settings for the wedding, now the boys did most, because they wanted the girls to take it easy, but they did as the girls told them, so there wouldn’t be any mistakes. Time passed, and finally the big day was hear, and it couldn’t be any better then if they planned it themselves, in which they did, with their soon to be wives help, of course. Back in Ranger headquarters, Dale, Chip, and Wescott were finishing putting their tuxedos on, and slicking their hair back. As they were finishing up, Monty and Zipper, who returned from the Down Under to see their friend’s wedding, came in to see if the boys were ready.

Monty: “Well lads, are you three ready to get the next chapter of your lives started?”

When Monty, Chip, Dale, and Wescott turned around to show that they were indeed ready.

As Monty and Zipper saw them, they were a bit surprised at how styling the three looked in their tuxedos.

Monty: “You three sure are styling in those tuxes, why I wouldn’t be shocked if the girls go into labor by seeing how handsome you three look.”

Zipper: “I’ll say.”

Dale: “Gee, thanks Monty, but you know we better head on out there, and this wedding started, you got our entrance music set, Wescott, right?”

Wescott: “Sure do Dale.”

Monty: “Entrance music, what entrance music?”

Chip: “Oh, we and the girls decided on starting a new tradition, adding music for the groom, great idea, huh?”

Monty: “Hey it’s your wedding, not mine. Now shall we get your little styling butts out there, before the girls change their minds.”

Dale: “Sure thing, Monty, sure thing, let’s go guys.”

(Fade from the guys leaving Rangers headquarters, to the fountain park area, where everything is decorated in gold, white, and black colors and trimming.)

Everyone who is family and friends are there, ranging from, Tammy’s family, to Foxy’s family, to basically everyone, that the Rangers all know and love. Monty gets up and directs everyone’s to the back of them.

Monty (on the microphone): “Ladies and gents, please help me welcome in a new tradition, please hit the groom’s music.”

And with that, the music that Dale, Chip, and Wescott had chosen hit, it was Stone Cold Steve Austin’s old entrance music that started to play, and the guys came down the alsie, and it was the first time everyone got to see the guys in their black tuxedos with gold trimming.

Dalee Oakmont (Dale’s mother): “Doesn’t our son look handsome, Pierre?”

Pierre Oakmont (Dale’s father): “He sure does, but why did he and friends have to pick some weird music to come out to.”

Dalee Oakmont: “It’s their wedding, I guess they can come to whatever music they want to.”

Chap Maplewood (Chip’s father): “She’s right there, Pierre, but you know what, I wonder what kind of music will the girls come out to, traditional or will be something new.”

Nikoma Maplewood (Chip’s Mother): “Oh, I bet it’ll be something that they all agreed on.”

As Nikoma said that, the bride’s new music hit, and it was Triple H’s old music theme, entitled: “My Time”. So as that music hit, everyone turned to see the girls coming down the alsie in the gold wedding gowns with black trimming on them.

Mrs. Hazelnut (to her youngest girl, Bink): “Doesn’t your sister look wonderful in her wedding gown?”

Bink: “Yeah, she’s sure been looking forward to this day for quite some time.”

Mrs. Hazelnut: “She sure has, she sure has.”

As the brides finally came face to face with soon to be husbands, Plato, who was assigned the job of pastor, started the ceremony.

Plato: “Family and friends, we’re gathered here today, to unite these six souls in a heavenly bond that is forever. Now who gives these brides away?”

Otis (Foxy’s brother): “I give my sister away.”

Monty: “And I give these two young ladies away.”

And with that, Otis and Monty let the girls go to be hand and hand with their grooms.

Plato: “Ladies and gents, like many of you, I have seen these young kids grow up from just babies to outstanding young adults with very good hearts. Now they take the next chapter in their lives with their love that is so strong to keep together for a long time. Now Foxy, Gadget, and Tammy, do you girls take Dale, Chip, and Wescott as your husbands for richer or poorer, till death do you part.”

Foxy: “I forever do!”

Gadget: “Golly, You bet I do!”

Tammy: “I do times 10!”

Plato: “And do you Dale, Chip, and Wescott take these girls as your wives, for richer or poorer, till death do you part.”

Dale: “I do forevermore!”

Chip: “I’ve been waiting a long time to say it, but I do!”

Wescott: “Of course I do!”

Plato: “The rings, please.”

Zipper flies over to the guys and gives them each a ring.

Plato: “Now lads, take the rings and place them on their fingers and over the necks, and repeat after me, I swear to honor and cherish you for as long as time stands.

Dale, Chip and Wescott: “I swear to honor and cherish you for as long as time stands.”

Plato: “Now girls place the rings on their fingers and repeat the same thing they did.”

Foxy, Gadget, and Tammy: “I swear to honor and cherish you for as long as time stands.”

Plato: “Then with that said, and God as my witness, I now declare you husbands and wives, you may now kiss the brides.”

So with that now said, the boys kissed their newly-wedded wives, but as that was happening, something unexpected happened, the girls were all going into labor at the same time, and they let be known to their newly-wed husbands.

Foxy: “Um, Dale, my dear, I think it’s time to have the baby.”

Dale: “What makes you so sure.”

Foxy: “Because my water broke.”

Gadget: “Um, Chip, so did mine.”

Tammy: “Uh, Wes, mine also broke.”

Dale: “Well, then we got no time to lose, we got to you girls to a hospital right away.”

Wescott: “Yeah, there’s no time to waste!”

Chip: “Yeah, come on, let’s get you in the rangermoblie.”

Tammy: “Um, guys don’t worry, we had my mom call a doctor to be here just in case this would happen.”

Gadget: “Yeah, now all we have to do signal him, and we’ll be taken into Tammy’s mother’s home to give birth.”

Foxy: “Yeah, so don’t be so worried guys.”

But worried was all they were, as they helped the doctor carry the wives over into Tammy’s mother’s home, which was right near the fountain.

(Fade from the park to inside Tammy’s mother’s home, in her mother’s bedroom, the birth process proceeds)

Doctor: “Come on, girls, a few more pushes, and it’ll all be over, then you’ll be first-time mothers, now come on, push!”

As Dale, Chip, and Wescott try to support their newly-wedded wives, they start to pass out from hearing the doctor talking about what he is now seeing.

Doctor: “Me and my nurses can see the heads, come on, push!”

As they heard this, the boys started fainting left and right.

Dale: “Excuse me, guys, but I’ll be right back. (he then faints backwards)

Wescott: “I’m with him.” (points down to where Dale just fainting at, and joins him, falling backwards and fainting)

Chip: “I don’t know what’s wrong them, I don’t see anything that’ll make me- (as Chip said this, he saw the pain Gadget was in, as the doctor told her to keep pushing) – faint.” (but falling backwards and fainting alongside Dale and Wescott, is exactly what he did)

(Fade to blackness and hearing a bay cry in the background, to a few hours later, the boys are woke up by the doctor splashing some very cold water from a small bucket)

Dale (spiting out some water): “Hey, what’s the big idea?”

Doctor: “You and your friends are back with us I see.

Chip: “Yeah, we’re all back, but what’s the big idea with cold water?”

Doctor: “I just wanted to wake you up, so you your new-borns.”

Wescott: “You mean, the babies are born?”

Doctor: “Yep, in fact Mr. Atticas, you and your wife are now the proud parents of a healthy baby boy.”

Wescott (jumps up and down): “YEE-HA!”

Doctor: “And you Mr. Maplewood, are now the proud father of a healthy baby girl.”

Chip (starts doing flips backwards): “TOTALLY COOL!”

Doctor: “And you Mr. Oakmont, are the proud father of twins, one healthy baby girl, and one healthy baby boy.”

Dale: “WOWIE-ZOWIE!”

Chip: “Can we see them now?”

Doctor: “Yes you can.”

So with that reponse, the boys went to the newly-wedded wives, and their new born babies. And what a sight it was.

Foxy (holding both babies in her wings): “Come over here, Dale, and see your new son, and daughter.”

So Dale went over to see and hold his new babies.

Dale: “Wow, this is really amazing, I have a baby boy bat, and a baby girl chipmunk to carry on the proud name of Oakmont.”

Chip (who is holding his new baby daughter): “Hey Dale, what are you gonna name them?”

Dale: “I think we’ll name them, Magnolia for our daughter, and DJ for our son. What about you and Gadget?”

Chip: “Well we’ve chosen Marie for our daughter. What about you Wescott?”

Wescott (holding his new baby son): “Me and Tammy have chosen the name of Claw.”

Chip: “Claw, huh, that is a way cool name.”

All laugh at what Chip said.

(Fade from Tammy’s mother’s place to two days later at the wedding reception, everyone is having a good time, the girls are showing their babies to their friends and family)

Dalee: “Oh Foxy, they have your bright blue eyes, and Dale’s dark fur.”

Foxy: “Oh, thank you so much, mom.”

Nikoma: “Gadget, she looks a lot like you, but she has Chip’s brown hair to go with that.”

Gadget: “Nikoma, your so kind to say that, but I must tell you, she will have Chip’s personality when she gets older.”

Mrs. Hazelnut: “Tammy, you’ve done me proud, by having a boy, because I tried time and time again to get you and Bink a little brother, but it never happen, until you and Wescott finally did it.”

Tammy: “Mother, your so welcome, and now I guess is next in line.”

Mrs. Hazelnut: “Don’t count on it so soon.”

Tammy: “Don’t worry, mother, I won’t.”

As this is all going on, Dale, Chip, and Wescott get up in front of everyone and Dale talks into the microphone.

Dale: “Excuse me, everyone.

Everyone looks up front.

Dale: “Thank you. First of all, we would like to thank all of you for coming, and celebrating this great day with us. Now me and the guys would like to sing a very special song to our newly-wed wives, and new-born children, and it’s called “My Everything”, with the interlude “I Give it All” to start it off. Ready guys? (Chip and Wescott nod their heads, in saying “yes”) Then lets begin

Dale, Chip, Wescott:
I'll give you the moon at night
I'll give you the stars to light your eyes
I'll give you the sun to make just one more dawn
So another day may come
I'll give you my heart and soul
I'll be there to catch you when you fall
When you ask me what I'll give to you
Girl, I'll give it all

Dale:

The loneliness of nights so long
The search for strength to carry on
My every hope had seemed to die
My eyes had no more tears to cry
Then like the sun shined from up above
You surrounded me with your endless love
And all the things I couldn't see
Are now so clear to me

Dale, Chip, Wescott:

You are my everything
Nothing your love won't bring
My life is yours alone
The only love I've ever known
Your spirit pulls me through
When nothing else will do
Every night I pray on bended knee
That you will always be
My everything

Chip:

Now all my hopes and all my dreams
Are suddenly reality
You've opened up my heart to feel
The kind of love that's truly real

Wescott:

A guiding light that'll never fade
There's not a thing in life that I would ever trade
For the love you give and won't let go
I hope you'll always know

Dale, Chip, Wescott:

You are my everything
Nothing your love won't bring
My life is yours alone
The only love I've ever known
Your spirit pulls me through
When nothing else will do
Every night I pray on bended knee
That you will always be
My everything

Dale, Chip, Wescott:

You're the breath of life in me
The only one that sets me free
And you have made my soul complete
For all time
For all time

Dale, Chip, Wescott:

You are my everything
Nothing your love won't bring
My life is yours alone
The only love I've ever known
Your spirit pulls me through
When nothing else will do
Every night I pray on bended knee
That you will always be
My everything

Dale, Chip, Wescott:

You are my everything
Nothing your love won't bring
My life is yours alone
The only love I've ever known
Your spirit pulls me through
When nothing else will do
Every night I pray on bended knee
That you will always be
My everything

Oh, my everything

After the song is done, everyone starts clapping their hands in what they just heard. The girls rush up with their babies in hand, and hug and kiss their newly-wed husbands.

Foxy: “Guys, that was so nice of you to sing for us.”

Gadget: “Yeah, no one has done something like that for us, ever.”

Tammy: “That’s true, what made you sing it anyway?”

Wescott: “Why you girls did, of course.”

Gadget: “We did?”

Chip: “Yep, you did.”

Foxy: “Wow, that’s great, but who’s idea was it?”

Dale: “Need you ask, it was mine.”

Foxy: “Dale, you sly dog, you.”

Dale: “I know, I know.”

All at the reception laugh at Dale’s comment.

THE END!


So now we leave the Rescue Rangers, as they begin this new chapter in their lives, but be here next time, when I take you into a new direction, when the Rangers go into the future, and meet their future selves. How will this happen, and how will it impact the Rangers past, present, and future, find out soon in the upcoming story: “Chip ‘N’ Dale Rescue Rangers: The Movie: “The Next Chapter”

So until then, May God watch over you and your dreams, and never give up on your dreams. Thanks for stopping by, see ya soon.

Back to the stories